Mentor Me Initiative (MEMI)
WHAT WE DO
Mentor Me Initiative offers mentorships for teenagers and youth through trainings. We work to bridge the gap between high school and levels of tertiary education through trainings and placements in the community so as to give back lessons learnt and gain positive practical experience.
This helps the students to be productive after completing their high school education by learning God’s word and exploiting their full potential by not just being at home but being trained and oriented into what they want to do through the trainings offered in our program (M.E.M.I). Mentor Me Initiative places students for Internships in churches, NGOs, government offices and community based organizations.
- By the end of the program, we are able to have a community of teenagers and youth focused in life and mentored to have positive attitude towards life.
- Be able to bring up a God fearing young generation ready to serve with their God given gifts and talents based on leadership Expansion Program ( LEP).
- Be able to take the students to attachment places in the community for them to give back and make more disciples.
- Have a community of young people joining the levels of tertiary education having a clear path of career and servant leadership.
- To have a more vibrant and focused youth that is able to face the challenges that comes with life and take up the leadership roles in learning institutions and subsequently the corporate world while showing servant leadership model and outstanding moral character.
- Career guidance and calling
- Drugs and substance abuse
- Optimum performance strategies
- Reproductive health
Phyllis Njeri Njoki
A great team player and consultant with Blossom link services ltd. Has experience of over 5 years in student and youth coaching. A holder of bachelor’s degree in Education from Kenyatta University. She has graduated after four year training in Leadership from Compassion International Leadership Development Program. Project Manager with Givewatts Int’ltd. She has had vast experience in training and consultancy in student and youth empowerment programs in high school and post high school institutions. She is the C.E.O of Mentor Me Initiative (M.E.M.I) Blossom Links Limited. Her passion for student mentorship has given her opportunities to travel far and wide in the country, Tanzania Uganda and USA. She has been a child advocate with Compassion International U.S.A and a student camps Director with Student Life U.S.A. She has worked in camps with students in Kenya and Tanzania and U.S.A through Victory Sports Camps.She is a part time trainer with School Leadership Development Enterprises.
Module I: OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE STRATEGIES FOR MAXIMUM GROWTH
Become a no-limit person! YOU can change your life by changing the way you think about yourself and your potential. This program is tailor made to make individuals work towards excellence in various areas of their life. It entails having an honest self assessment that can help them understand their learning/working style, how to achieve excellent results, work smarter, create positive and motivated state of mind, make sound and creative decisions, have a winning attitude, have effective time management skills and be healthy. This a three
day program that entails the following;
- The flowing force – what hinders you from achieving your goals. Alignment principle
- Manifestation of six pillars of life - my health, my wealth, Finances, Relationships, Career/professionalism, Emotions ….strategies that can be applied by individuals and organizations. How attitude can be a change agent in prevention and management
- Power Winning Attitude (PWA)
- Emotional GURU (Genius, Upbeat, Reliable, Unstoppable (EQ)
- Self Identity & discovery
- And much more.
Module II: ETIQUETTE & NETWORKING
Come and meet the experts sharing with you successful principles on how to handle yourself and others. It is a no-nonsense, world class training program where we teach all forms of business etiquette: dining etiquette, communication etiquette, telephone etiquette, meeting etiquette, travel etiquette, tipping etiquette, email etiquette, voicemail etiquette, business cocktail party etiquette, wardrobe etiquette, and more. It is specifically designed for institutions/individuals who want to polish their skills, improve their professional image, and stay at the top and on top. Information is presented in a humorous and relaxed style that cuts to the heart of today's etiquette concerns. Trainers use hands-on activities to reinforce learning points.
The single characteristic shared by all successful people is the ability to create and nurture a NETWORK. Stop contacting people only when you are looking for business. You will learn why networking is always a two –way street and why it has to do with quality relationship. The TOP TEN principles networking can do, is well covered in this section.
If you want others to open doors for you, open the door to them first.
A BAD CAR DEAL COULD COST YOU SOME MONEY. A BAD DOCTOR COULD COST YOU YOUR LIFE. A BAD NETWORK COULD COST YOU YOUR BUSINESS
Module III: TEAM BUILDING & TEAM LEADERSHIP.
The road to success program is aimed at creating cohesive and winning teams. You will learn how Teams outperform individuals because teams generate a special energy. The benefits of working as teams are; loyalty, integrity, high level of trust and bonding and even greater resourcefulness and increased creativity.
This is a two-three day program that entails the following:
- Team dynamics vs group dynamics
- My role in the team
- Characteristics of an effective & efficient Team
- Team building activities
- The winning team
- Enhance teamwork,
- Be the best leader you can be
- Augment attitude and appreciate the vision of the organization thus bringing outstanding results.
- Outstanding Teamwork and team spirit
- Enhanced leadership qualities and coordination
- Open Mind and ready to embrace change positively
- “Ownership” of the Vision, Mission and Values of the Organization by the participants.
- Increased productivity and higher standards of performance
- Self-driven, self motivated team
- Great attitude to both internal and external clients
- The ability to manage their emotions, e.g. stress, anger, worry, etc
- A high level sense of comradeship and better focus on goals/objectives.
- Have fun, more Fun and much Fun.
“You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do. Together we can do great things”
– Mother Teresa.
Module IV: THE ULTIMATE LEADER
Did you know that charisma had substance? This program is designed to equip those in leadership positions and the aspiring leaders with applicable knowledge and skills. It includes:
- Understanding leadership
- Developing the leader
- The legacy of a leader
- Empowering others through transformation
Module V: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE & PRESENTATION SKILLS
Today's customers are sophisticated, well informed and have high expectations of the services they want to receive. The more reason why we should be on top of things at any given time. This is a three-day program for organizations/individuals that would desire to achieve the ultimate level of understanding of their customers and eventually increase productivity.
Great customer experiences don’t just happen. Great companies center their operations on the customer, not on operational efficiencies. But without insight into what customers really value and a program to communicate these insights to employees, the commitment can’t be acted upon.
The program is aimed at achieving the following:
- Understand customer behavior through personality traits
- Understanding customer needs and wants
- Effective communication with customers
- Telephone etiquette
- Creating and maintaining relationships with customers
- Having confident staff, staff who have empowering beliefs, behavior and attitudes etc
- Understanding self in relationship to my customer
- Driving sales through customer experience approach
Module VI: CULTURE TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM
Whether people give their best to the company/institution is largely dependent on the cultural environment. It is leaders who create an environment that people work in and who determines whether there is an environment that attracts and retains talent. It is that environment that determines whether people enjoy coming to work, or whether they just go through the motions. It is an environment of accountability that drives out fear, eradicates blame, and keeps the company/institution competitive. The environment impacts staff and employee satisfaction, productivity, and overall success of the institution. Culture Change Program is a measurable process that gives leaders the demonstrated skills, behaviors, and strategies for moving an environment from being traditionally control-based to accountability-based.
This is a three-day program for organizations whose culture is limiting them from performing and having outstanding results. The program is aimed at
- Transforming the beliefs systems of individual that are limiting them and replacing them with empowering beliefs
- Transforming the attitudes that limit the organization from moving on.
- Helping the individuals understand the relationship between individual values and organization values. Etc
"There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things."
- Niccolo Machiavelli
Module VII: DEALING WITH HIV/AIDS AT THE WORKPLACE
This is a two day program for groups and organizations who would want the staff to be aware of their responsibility in HIV prevention and management and how to live a fulfilled life when infected and affected. The program is aimed at:
- Demystifying HIV /AIDS transmission modes
- Understand prevention strategies that can be applied y individuals and organizations
- How attitude can be a change agent in prevention and management
Module VIII: YOUTH EMPOWERING & MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Blossom Link not only motivate students to do well in school and life, but to give them 'secrets' on how to become future leaders in their careers based on principles of people skills, especially in an increasingly diverse environment. These are topics that are not normally taught in classrooms. Over a period of time Blossom has discovered that both youth development and leadership programs positively shape the growth of young people. Youth leadership programs build on solid youth development principles, with an emphasis on those development and program components that support youth leadership. It is a process that prepares young people to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood through a coordinated, progressive series of activities and experiences that help them to become socially, morally, emotionally, physically, and cognitively competent, and is geared towards shaping the youth for the most appropriate careers and assist in the transformation of numerous pupils/students to attain their full potential. It tackles some key areas like desire for growth and success, low self esteem, negative attitudes/ behaviours, drug & drug abuse and, lack of focus/goal setting. Some of the benefits after the course are:
- Outstanding self esteem/confidence
- How to get extra ordinary results
- My academic wheel and assessment
- Desire for growth and success through Working/study teams
- Staying Focused and Setting Goals
- Positive behaviour and attitudes
- Taking responsibility & Managing time
- Emotional grades and concentration levels
- Career Choice, Growth and Development
For you to change the society change the Youth.
Module X: UNLOCKING YOUR SALES POTENTIAL
"You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win."
- Zig Ziglar
There is an enormous amount of competition "out there" and yet the arena is even bigger. How do you really convince someone you are the answer to their problems in the insurance industry; especially when you are at point zero? What is it about you that will encourage someone to listen to you in the first place? Are you a brand or do you have a brand? What makes a brand? And, why should someone pick you or buy you or buy from you when they have been with someone else for years? How do you promote yourself? You have an opportunity to get all this answers plus much more as listed below:
- Challenge the status quo on the 7 key result areas of our insurance
- The great sales processes,
- Discover what 20% of your activities product 80% of your results.
- The skills & characteristics of great salespersons
- The psychology of closing
- Dealing with stubborn clients and first impression
- Help participants understand that Prospecting is a series of continuous, planned actions
- Understand the sales funnel that will lead to steady stream of sales from the bottom and in two days you will be SALES GURU.
Success of any company is built not with money but tenacity. This is your opportunity to learn the secrets & How 'You Can Make The Difference' In People's Lives, Instead of Just Making A Sale!
Module XI: SWIFT PLANNING & TIME MANAGEMENT
Beat Work Overload. Increase Your Effectiveness. Achieve Much More. Many people spend their days in a frenzy of activity, but achieve very little, because they're not concentrating their effort on the things that matter the most. Ever known that personal time management=money. We shall teach you the simple, practical techniques that have helped the leading people in business, sport and public service reach the pinnacles of their careers. The skills we explain help you become highly effective, by showing you how to identify and focus on the activities that give you the greatest returns. Investing in these three (3) day time management activities will actually save you time, helping you work smarter, not harder. What's more, these same techniques help you beat work overload – a key source of stress. You’ll also learn about goal setting, a vitally important skill for deciding what you want to achieve with your life/business and in three (3)days you will be “concentrating on results, not on being busy”.
Some of the areas that will be covered are:
- 7 laws of Time Management
- Beating Procrastination
- Activity Logs & To Do Lists
- Becoming exceptionally well organized
- How to live your life your way
- Understanding SMART goal setting
- Maximizing productivity through improved FOCUS
- A Goal without a Plan is Only a Dream…
And much more